Here is my Summer 2015 reading list, in the order of which ones will be read first. I am primarily focusing on contemporary theology with an eye towards getting a leg up before my studies begin at Yale. Expect a review post about each coming soon!
- God, Sexuality, and the Self by Sarah Coakley (link to my review)
- The Stranger by Albert Camus (my review)
- Exclusion and Embrace by Miroslav Volf
- Christ the Key by Kathryn Tanner (my review)
- The Trinity by Karl Rahner (my review)
- A Public Faith by Miroslav Volf (my review)
- A Black Theology of Liberation by James Cone
- Christ and Horrors: The Coherence of Christology by Marilyn McCord Adams
- Economy of Grace by Kathryn Tanner
- A Discourse on Inequality by Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- Mysterium Paschale: The Mystery of Easter by Hans Urs Von Balthasar
- Allah: A Christian Response by Miroslav Volf
- Politics of God by Kathryn Tanner
- Jesus the Christ by Walter Kasper
Post Reading List List…
I will be reading Moltmann’s The Crucified God again, but this time with a dear friend of mine together. Throughout the summer, I also plan to complete Michel Foucault’s Discipline and Punish, to satisfy my philosophical (of the continental variety) curiosity for the time being. Lastly, I normally read fiction when I have the time. I’m currently on Kurt Vonnegut’s God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater.
Happy reading to all!